Grant Decision 2015 – 0957 / 001 – 001
With the support of the Europe for Citizens Programme of the European Union
EDUCIVIS c.a. SLOVAKIA
EDUCIVIS, c.a. (Education for Civil Society) is small non-governmental & non-profit civic association aimed at encouraging non-political, cultural and educational objectives leading to the formation of civil society and strengthening democratic society. Its aim is to bring together and support young people and youth workers – teachers, trainers and tutors in schools, clubs and centers for leisure time through training in formal and non-formal education activities, particularly international projects that contribute to the development of active citizenship and strengthen civic participation.
EDUCIVIS was founded in 2011 thanks to effort and enthusiasm of teachers and students from Department of Civic & Ethic Education at Faculty of Education Comenius University in Bratislava. Nowadays our organization has had members with the large experience from previous work in the field of implementation of several projects of international cooperation, organization and realization of educational and other activities. Their skills and knowledge are a presumption for successful project work. Campaign Summary
- Day of EUROPE AT SCHOOL in Slovakia
- Teachers´ conference: Dimension of Citizenship and Education
- 5th May 2016, IUVENTA, Slovak Institure for Youth, Bratislava
- Winners awards of 63rd year of EUROPE AT SCHOOL international project /competition
- 9th May 2016, IUVENTA, Slovak Institure for Youth, Bratislava
- Scientific International conference. Formation of Identity within Time and Space.
- 23rd September 2016, Faculty of Education Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia
Aims of the Project Homo Europeanus Campaign
- To arise the knowledge about common European values via international project /competition EUROPE AT SCHOOL.
- To arise the knowledge about EU, European citizenship, Europaen Years, etc.
- To arise the knowledge about EU – to explain idea of Multiculturalism, Tolerance, Inetrcultural Relationship, European and International orientation in Education, Global Citizenship
- To introduce EU programs and possibilities for youth in the field of education and career development.
Introduction and Theoretical Basis of Homo Europeanus Campaign
Population trends of last decades shows that live in Europe means live in multicultural society. Learning about us and knowing one another through virtual and real contacts should be a basis for life in an intercultural society that is just rising in the 21st century Europe. A long-term goal should be an effort to transform multicultural society into an inter-cultural one. A complex and a long term transformation process demands cooperation, tolerance, exchange of information and solidarity from all society components, encouraging them to be open, communicative and responsive. Education and upbringing are parts of this process.Consequences of political changes done in Europe at latest 80th in 20th century as well as an influence of nowadays globalization trends has changed the function of learning and education on our continent. Education in general obtain more important role – its governing of moral sphere has been enlarged.
Education and learning are values which have kept on highest level during whole history of European civilization. They are resounds again as wide European problem. About knowledge-based economy, knowledge-based society, about active citizenship and about education as way how to rich these goals we can ready in official papers of European Commission. Education for democratic citizenship through education is main agenda of Council of Europe.
Education is pointed by many transnational organizations in their papers as well f.e. EU, UNESCO etc. They would like to aware of young generation for their responsibility for future of our world, to sensibilised them for problems of poverty and inequality in the world. As result of those trying we can observe new topics in official state education policies as well as in new subjects or cross curriculum topics at national curriculum at schools: multicultural education, intercultural education, global development education, education for democratic citizenship etc.Learning and education are indispensable premise of this process.
To four well known function of education such:
- Economic = education for qualification purposes
- Social = education for democratization and emancipation
- Cultural = education for the access to the heritage of values
- Pedagogical = education for development of individual
- + We should add another very clear function
- Education for the purpose of supporting tolerance and common understanding, for removing barriers of prejudice in setting up new contacts, etc.
Of course, this last one should be understood as global one which should cross over the European borders.
Overview of the main activities
5th May 2016
- Day of EUROPE AT SCHOOL in Slovakia
- Teachers conference: Dimension of Citizenship and Education (as a part of Homo Europeanus Project). IUVENTA, Slovak Institure for Youth, Bratislava
Medzinárodná konferencia v cykle Výchova k občianskej spoločnosti
DIMENZIE OBČIANSTVA A VÝCHOVA
Bratislava, IUVENTA 5. máj 2016
Openning of the conference We are working…
9th May 2016
- Winners awards of 63rd year of EUROPE AT SCHOOL international project/competition
- IUVENTA, Slovak Institure for Youth, Bratislava
P O Z V Á N K A
na slávnostné stretnutie a odovzdávanie ocenení víťazom 63. ročníka medzinárodného projektu EURÓPA V ŠKOLE 2016, ktoré sa uskutoční
dňa 9. mája 2016 v priestoroch IUVENTY v Bratislave
International project EUROPE AT SCHOOL running since 1953 in 36 countries of Europe. Slovakia joined this project since 1992.
EUROPE AT SCHOOL has developed under the patronage of:
- Council of Europe
- European Parliament
- European Commission
- National Ministries of Education
Target groups: Youth at the age 15 – 19 and 19 – 25
For all age categories of children and youth
- In elementary schools – state, private, denominational, art or special
- In high schools – state, private, denominational, art or special
- In professional schools – state, private or denominational
- In school’s clubs – state, private or denominational
- In centres of free time – state, private or denominational
For the whole scale of educational and learning subjects and free-time activities
- Literary works
- Creative writing
- Plays and quizzes
- Art works
- Multimedia projects
- Other artistic activities
- Individual work
- Collective work
- All-school projects
In school year 2015 – 2016 project has celebrated 63rd anniversary in Europe.
Motto of 63rd year of project EUROPE AT SCHOOL:
“Live Together in Peace”.
It was contribution of EUROPE AT SCHOOL for European Year against Violence towards Women, which was announced by EC for year 2016.
More information about international project EUROPE AT SCHOOL you can find out in enclosure of this document as well as on official website:
Some of participants – winners Another awarded teacher
23rd September 2016
- Scientific International conference: Formation of Identity within Time and Space.
- Faculty of Education Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia
Formovanie identity v čase priestore
Participants of the conference
The program of the conference you can see in the enclosure of this documents.
Target groups of the campain
We wehe working with the youth at the age 15 – 19 and 19 – 25 and with the teachers from different levels and kind of schools.
The fact that Europe has become a strong internationalized economic zone, migration crossroad and transforming geographic unit at the same time means that the European school needs to do more – not just educating the youth based on traditions of individual region.
Young European generation should be educated so that
- They would be able fluently speak several languages
- Become prepared to move in Europe and in the world
- Preserve their own national and regional identity
It means there arise something we can named as new moral basic for future existing of Europeans. Students at school except own national culture should know (by school initiative) many other Europeans cultures, they should be are aware about minorities cultures and about new multiethnic communities. By this way they learn how important is to respect differences and how to live in atmosphere of pluralism in open society. Variety of national cultures and jointly accepted diversity could become in the future the strong points of future European identity. Although we face continuing violence, sings of xenophobia, racism and intolerance in almost every European country, this does not imply that such values prevail on the common ethical scale.
New mission of the school in the field of education is natural reaction on the problems which exists in multinational and multilinguistic societies of Europe. Democratic and humanistic traditions of our old continent order us to keep democratic principles in environment of plurality of cultures, respect diversity of values and traditions.
It is why we need European and Global dimension in the learning and citizenship education.
- Education is here to remind us of joint roots which over hundreds of years created a diverse Europe
- This is exactly the education that is capable of correcting the other extremism – a one-sided Eurocentric view on the world’s history
Main communication tools
1. EDUCIVIS website
2. EUROPE AT SCHOOL website
3. Facebook for photos and documents
4. Information Leaflet of EUROPE AT SCHOOL
5. Posters and Leaflets of Homo Europeanus project during info days